If there’s one place in the country’s capital that has seen it all, it would be Manila Bay.
Even before technology and all the modern upgrades, Manila Bay has been the center of trading for all foreign merchants in Manila. It has seen has been a witness to plenty of key events in the country like wars and protests, as well as, natural calamities including typhoons and earthquakes.
Nowadays, Manila Bay is still very much a major aspect of our country’s socio-economic development including industrial, commercial, and shipping. Not only that, it serves as one of the country’s top tourist attractions.
Because of its romantic sunsets and tranquil waves, this famous harbor has long since been a go-to destination not just for foreign visitors, but also for locals as well. So what exactly can you do around Manila Bay?
Here we list down some activities that you might enjoy while you’re there.
1. Go on a food trip – Because of its popularity, plenty of restaurants have placed themselves around Manila Bay. You’ll find a variety of places to eat according to your budget.
Photo source: PBase
2. Exercise – There’s nothing quite like taking a jog with an amazing view and a cool breeze from the ocean. Manila Bay is a popular place for joggers, cyclists, skaters, and even dog walkers.
Photo source: Written by Raindrops
3. Do photo-walks – Without a doubt, Manila Bay has some of the most beautiful sunsets you can find in the city. Both amateurs and professionals visit this famous bay plenty of times just to capture them along with other interesting subjects.
Photo source: CareHomesPH
4. Walk down history – Manila bay stretches for miles, covering quite a vast distance in the capital including historical places such as Fort Santiago and Museo Pambata.
Photo source: Little Holidays
5. Listen to music and performances – Some restaurants in Manila Bay offer live acts that you can watch and listen to. There are plenty of street performers roaming along the bay as well. But then, there’s also Mall of Asia’s Open Concert Grounds where plenty of international guests have performed such as Justin Bieber, Alicia Keys, and Paramore to name a few. Currently, it offers a drive-in outdoor movie theater during this time.
Photo source: BookyPH
6. Get on a cruise – Cruises are now offered by several businesses so you can enjoy the bay at its best. From romantic dinners to family affairs, you can now celebrate while cruising down the tranquil and beautiful waters that surround the capital.
Photo source: Go Asia Day Trip
7. Take time to breathe – A lot of people find serenity in being near nature especially a peaceful vast body of water. As cliché as it sounds, this is exactly a good reason to visit Manila Bay especially if you need that quick getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Photo source: Solitary Wanderer
Manila Bay will always be an iconic destination in our country. People from all walks of life have probably visited this harbor even once in their lives. It’s not only an important part of our country’s economic development, but it also serves as a great reminder of our rich history.
Manila offers plenty of places you can visit including the famous Manila Bay. It’s vast and wide, and better enjoyed without hurrying. It may take a few days but we can guarantee you that it will be worth it.
So, if you’re planning to explore the country’s capital, why don’t you try booking your stay in any of RedDoorz’ hotels scattered across the city? This will help you maximize your travel time without having to break the bank. Not only that, you can be certain that all our rooms are the most comfortable and safest. Visit our website or download our mobile app now!
Planning to visit Manila Bay any time soon? Don’t forget to follow all Covid-19 health and safety measures!