When traveling, we are often faced with tons of planning questions.
When? With whom? What adventure can fit our budget? Where are we going? But before you come up with a perfect travel itinerary, you need to ask yourself where you want to go and what kind of travel adventure you are looking for.
And after all the internal debate, you finally want to do something, and yet, you’re dumbfounded with that last question: Beach or Bundok? Island hopping or hiking?
If you are torn between having a beach getaway or mountain vacation, we’ve listed here the pros and cons of these two travel destinations that might help you decide which travel adventure is perfect for your post-pandemic getaway.
Going to the Beach
The Philippines is home to an infinite number of pristine beaches perfect for fun and exciting beach activities like surfing, swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, paddleboarding, kayaking, and the list goes on.
- Oceanside breeze
- Chill and summer vibe
- Naturally tanned skin
- Warm weather and seafood
- Spectacular view of sunrise and sunset
- Abundant sunshine means an abundant supply of Vitamin D
- A long list of leisure activities that you can do
- Most beach resorts especially the surfing spots are crowded
- Can sometimes be too laid back
- Salty air and sandy hair
Head Into the Mountains
Exploring the less traversed hiking trails, trekking to majestic waterfalls, or witnessing the sea of clouds: these are just some of the activities that you can do if you choose to explore the mountains.
- Less populated
- Plenty of fresh air
- Unspoiled environment
- Enjoy the crisp temperature
- Breathtaking mountain vistas
- Clear skies during the day and a sky full of stars at night time
- Reconnecting with nature is an effective way to detox and relax.
- Fit personalities that are carefree
- If you’re not familiar with the trail or area, there is a great tendency that you will get lost.
- You need extra gears if you want to hike, trek, or go mountaineering.
- You need to be careful of the wildlife in that area.
- Prone to injuries
- Can be tiring
These are just some of the things you can experience in either of the two adventures. However, we encourage you to discover both worlds for yourself because both are liberating, both can give your soul whatever it longs for.
So, whether you are up for a sunny day at the shore or a calming trip into the woods, always remember that having fun and being your best self are the most important things.
Bundok or beach? Travel, soon with RedDoorz.