Filipinos love the holidays – that much is true. Our excitement over this season begins as soon as the Ber months arrive. Malls and other public spaces are instantly filled with a festive mood as if clockwork.
Of course, all of this starts with Christmas songs playing in the background. Songs like Christmas in Our Hearts by Jose Mari Chan and Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas are constantly played throughout these months leading up to the holiday itself. Though these songs are the most popular ones during this time, we can’t help but feel more nostalgic once the carolers begin visiting houses singing old Pinoy holiday favorites.
Unfortunately, most of our Filipino holiday traditions will be put on paused this year given the current situation including carolers visiting houses and Simbang Gabi. This is why we can’t help but miss these Pinoy Christmas Songs even more.
If you’re missing these Pinoy Christmas songs just like us, why don’t you create a holiday playlist and play them to get into the spirit of things? We’re sure these 10 songs will immediately put a smile on your face and a warmth in your hearts.
This list is not ranked.
- Pasko Na Naman – What better way to start the holiday season by singing this Levi Celerio and Felipe De Leon classic which translates to “It’s Christmas Again”?
- Ang Pasko ay Sumapit – You know this one is always going to be part of the holiday playlist for carolers.
- Namamasko – Famously known as “Sa Maybahay Ang Aming Bati”, this song is another caroler favorite.
- Himig ng Pasko – Originally sung by the Apo Hiking Society, this tune will certainly make you feel the holiday atmosphere.
- Kumukutikutitap – This festive song will always put you in a cheery gift-giving mood. It talks about how star lanterns or Parols shimmer and shine like stars in the sky during the Christmas season.
- Mano po Ninong, Mano po Ninang – Who hasn’t sung this when they were growing up while awaiting their turn for their gifts from their ninong and ninangs?
- Pasko na Sinta Ko – The holidays can be quite a lonesome holiday – sometimes.
- Sana Ngayong Pasko – See description above.
- Kampana ng Simbahan – Simbang Gabi may not happen this year but you can still play this song to make up for it.
- Christmas in Our Hearts – The lyrics may not be written in Tagalog, but this is definitely that one Pinoy Christmas favorite we’ll miss as soon as the holidays are done.
Christmas might be different this year, but it doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate it.