Ever watched a movie and been taken with the places featured in it? Or have you ever found yourself inspired to travel because of a film? Well, you’re not alone. We’re pretty much on the same boat.
So, on this list, we’ll be sharing our top 5 movies that will surely inspire your wanderlust and maybe add more to your already growing travel bucket list.
1. Lost in Translation – This cult favorite has been referenced plenty of times already. From ScarJo’s pink wig to those iconic lines and shots, you won’t run out of memorable moments, and the fact that it’s about how your little random experiences during travel stay with you forever. But what makes this film stand out is how it captured the sights and sounds of Tokyo.
Photo source: Amazon
2. The Motorcycle Diaries – The Motorcycle Diaries is based on Che Guevera’s memoirs that are centered around the time he traveled all across South America. It’s a great story for you to learn more about the life of this man before he became the famous revolutionary set in some of the world’s most beautiful locations.
Photo from Film4productions
3. Eat, Pray, and Love – This quintessential movie about love, loss, and finding yourself is truly for those who believe that by traveling, they can truly find themselves.
Photo from VOA
4. The Before Trilogy – This trilogy consists of 3 films: Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, and Before Midnight. It tells a story of 2 souls having a chance encounter, falling in love, and letting fate finish their story. Set in 3 beautiful and romantic countries: Austria, France, and Greece, this film gives all the lovey-dovey feels and the inspiration to travel.
Photo from Medium
5. Into The Wild – Ever feel like just leaving everything behind and start traveling around the world? Then this is the film you should watch before deciding any further. This film is packed with wanderlust-inducing moments filled with cautionary tales of what it's like leaving everything behind and being content with what you already have.
Photo from The New York Times
The world is slowly opening up again and that means we're one step closer to being able to travel to places we can only dream of for the past couple of moments. If you’ve watched these movies (and others), then surely you’re excited to finally check these places off of your list. However, there’s still no vaccine available so, please practice all safety and health measures if you do decide to go on that journey.
If you find yourselves, visiting our shores soon, consider staying with us at RedDoorz. You can be guaranteed a comfortable and safe stay with us at very affordable prices. Visit our website now to know more!